It’s the first long weekend of the summer and that means it’s time to find a backyard with a grill, ambulance hang out with friends and listen to some tunes. So this mix is designed for those who enjoy lounging in the sun, cold beer in hand, while patiently waiting for the next round of meat treats to be pulled from the BBQ.
This mix differs from the previous installments of the ScissorMix series in the sense that it’s a bit more accessible to the casual listener. It’s designed to satisfy all crowds while not being too boring.
It works in a few distinct phases: Reggae>Soul>Hip Hop >Rock/Pop/Etc. All of these tracks are recent favorites of mine (with a few classics thrown in) and feel appropriate for outdoor relaxing. At least that was the idea when I put this together.
So grab this mix, throw it on a playlist with the latest Scissorkast and you’ve got a couple solid hours music for your holiday weekend. Well, at least that’s what I’ll be doing. Happy Memorial Day Weekend, y’all!
1. John Holt :: Police in Helicopters (0:00)
2. Johnny Osbourne :: Lend me Your Chopper (3:24)
3. El Fata :: El Fata Ina the Dancehall (6:46)
4. Don Carlos :: Johnny Big Mouth (9:48)
5. Diana & King Storm :: Keep Me Hanging On (13:29)
6. Aloe Blacc :: Need a Dollar (16:34)
7. Charles Sheffiled :: It’s Your Voodoo Working (20:30)
8. Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings :: Without a Heart (22:11)
9. MC Lyte :: Cold Rock a Party (Update Remix) (24:43)
10. Fashawn (ft. Coss & Mistah Fab) :: Sunny CA (28:32)
11. Guilty Simpson (ft. Frank) :: Scratch Warning (33:12)
12. Gucci Mane :: Excuse Me (Memory Tapes Remix) (35:40)
13. Nas & Damien Marley :: As We Enter (38:36)
14. JStar :: Kingston Lighters (40:35)
15. HEALTH :: In Heat (Javelin Remix) :: (45:08)
16. Tape Loops ft Finley Quaye :: Never Do That (Parker Remix) (48:08)
17. LCD Soundsystem :: Home (51:40)
18. Bonobo :: Kong (58:09)
19. Studio :: West Side (61:50)
20. Boat Club :: Warmer Climes (65:21)
21. Sleigh Bells :: Ring Ring (68:55)
22. Dum Dum Girls :: I Will Be (72:36)
23. Creme Soda :: Keep it Heavy (74:35)