I’ve promised way too many times to be more consistent with posting, pilule but life seems to have a dirty habit of getting in the way. My apologies. However, after an early series of phenomenal Summer releases, it was easy to find the time — and the playlist — to put together for what hopefully yields maximum Summer bleeps and bloops. This ScissorMix hits on a ton of different electronic notes but hovers around the IDM and Indie Dance realms, while staying in that sweet 115 to 125 BPM range, keeping things moving along with a nice pace. As usually, melody is the star here, and there’s no lack of bigness with the likes of amazing tracks from Disclosure, Classixx, Osborne, Bonobo, Baths and the like. A ton of usual SK people on this mix and a few things that may have eluded your radar thus far.
This was mixed live on a single take, with only minimal editing afterwards. I’m happy with the finished product and I hope you are too. Have a great summer and look out for a new mix from DJJZ very soon, and a BBQ indie rock/metal mix I have in the can for cheap beer/slow roasting.
1. Mu-Ziq :: XT (0:00)
2. DJ Koze feat. Caribou :: Track ID Anyone? (6:15)
3. Ryan Hemsworth :: Empty Thoughts Over A Shallow Ocean (10:55)
4. Baths :: Miasma Sky (14:45)
5. Vector Lovers :: Itsoweezee (Fela Soul Remix) (18:20)
6. Toro Y Moi :: What’s Going On Today (21:14)
7. Bonobo :: Cirrus (25:45)
8. Haim :: Falling (Psychemagik Remix) (30:25)
9. How To Dress Well :: & It Was U (One Five Remix) (35:30)
10. Shout Out Louds :: Walking In Your Footsteps (Lissvik Remix) (39:54)
11. Osborne :: Hold Up (Feat. Joe Goddard) (44:13)
12. Bondax :: Gold (Moon Boots Remix) (50:15)
13. Classixx :: Hanging Garden (55:30)
14. Disclosure :: Latch (Feat. Sam Smith) (59:06)
Download link below. Please share it if you enjoy it.